The Scarlet Letter
Volume III, Number 1 | Sept. 1995
Ten Famous Quotes From Catholic Saints
Contributed by Adam Walks Between Worlds
9. St. Maximus the Confessor took, as his motto, the following: The mind is perfect which, through true faith, in supreme ignorance knows the supremely Unknowable.
8. Everyone knows that damage is done to the soul
by bad motion pictures.
7. Catholicism cannot—and should not—be
reconciled with nature or rational thought.
6. We should always be disposed to believe that which
appears white is really black, if the hierarchy of the Church so decides.
5. Hell was made for the inquisitive.
4. Poetry is the Devil's wine.
3. ...little children who have begun to live in their
mothers' womb and have there died, or who, having been born, have passed
away from the world without the sacrament of holy baptism... must be punished
by the eternal torture of undying fire.
2. Submit yourself to every ordinance of man for the
Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme, or to governors.
1. And Jesus himself, says: Take those mine enemies,
which would not that I should reign over them, and slay them before me.